Mounjaro: The Breakthrough Injection for Type 2 Diabetes Control and Weight Management
What is Mounjaro?
If you’re an adult with type 2 diabetes, you’re likely aware of the challenges that come with managing your blood sugar levels. Fortunately, there’s a new solution on the market – Mounjaro. This FDA approved injection, also known as Tirzepatide, is a game changer in diabetes management.
You have probably read our previous article on WeGovy and Mounjaro aims no less to help you manage weight. There are some key differences so read on to learn more about what is currently available.
Mounjaro is more effective at controlling blood sugar levels than other diabetic medications and has been shown to aid weight loss. This injection is administered under the skin once a week and can be self-injected, typically in the stomach or thigh, but can also be given in the arm with assistance. It’s available in a range of doses, which can be increased as needed based on your individual needs.
How is Mounjaro given?
Mounjaro is given as a subcutaneous injection. To use Mounjaro, remove the pen from the refrigerator and ensure it’s the correct medication and dose. Make sure it is not expired. Wipe the area around your skin with alcohol to sterilize the site, then, place the clear base against your skin at the site of injection, turn the lock ring to unlock, and press the purple injection button for ten seconds. After the injection is complete, properly dispose of the pen in a sharps container.
How does it works?
Mounjaro is in a drug class called GLP-1 agonists, which work by increasing the body’s sensitivity to insulin and slowing gastric emptying, making you feel fuller faster. It’s important to take this medication regularly and supplement it with a healthy diet and exercise. GLP stands for glucagon like peptide 1 and it’s function in the body is to stimulate insulin and therefore control diabetes. There has been much research into GLP1 and it’s positive impact to diabetes. Further research has also shown its ability to help in weight loss in people with overweight and obesity, and is in fact in the process of receiving FDA approval for directly treating obesity for those without diabetes which is expected any day now. Treating diabetes effectively can potentially reduce the other diseases associated with advanced diabetes such as cardiovascular, kidney, and neurological complications. Therefore utilizing Mounjaro may enable tighter control of diabetes and limit its severity as well.
In conclusion, Mounjaro is a breakthrough medication for adults with type 2 diabetes looking to control their blood sugar levels and achieve weight loss. With its unique mechanisms, weekly administration, and range of doses, Mounjaro has quickly become a game changer in diabetes management. It’s important to note that Mounjaro should be taken regularly and supplemented with a healthy diet and exercise for best results.
If you’re interested in learning more about Mounjaro or would like to explore your options for diabetes management, we encourage you to make an appointment with one of our medical providers. Our team of experienced professionals can guide you through the process and help you find the best solution for your individual needs.
- Mounjaro is an FDA-approved injection for adults with type 2 diabetes to help control blood sugar levels and aid weight loss.
- It’s more effective at lowering blood sugar levels than other diabetic medications.
- Mounjaro is administered under the skin once a week and can be self-injected in the stomach or thigh, or with assistance in the arm.
- It’s available in a range of doses that can be increased based on individual needs.
- Mounjaro works by targeting both the GLP-1 and GIP receptors, increasing the body’s sensitivity to insulin, and slowing gastric emptying to make you feel fuller faster.
- It should be taken regularly and supplemented with a healthy diet and exercise for best results.
- Overall, Mounjaro is a game changer in diabetes management and can improve overall health and wellbeing.
- If you have any questions or are interested in this treatment, you can make an appointment to see one of our medical providers for more information.
This article reviewed by Dr. Jim Liu, MD and Ms. Deb Dooley, APRN.
There’s nothing more important than our good health – that’s our principal capital asset.
#medical #telehealth #umedoc
Weight Loss: Mistakes of Dieting You Didn’t Know
abril 8, 2023
Sensational Weight Loss Start with a Solid Plan
mayo 23, 2023
All About Stress Eating: Powerful Strategies to Overcome
abril 14, 2023